BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 9 August 2009

Economics for Dummies.

So all the news seems to be talking about these days is the economy, and despite being a politics student I find myself staring blankly at the screen. If I were in a cartoon there would certainly be a question mark floating above my head. Economics, though important, is very confusing to me, and what makes it worse is the fact that I have set my sights onto a senior position in politics, and it's something I need to know if I want to be successful.
People said to me, "just watch the news" or "read a paper", I tried both and went away none the wiser. My sister then suggested I search for "Economics for Dummies" on Amazon. I already have Japanese for Dummies, from the days when I was a Japanophile and learnt two conversations in a day, and I still remember them three years later. (No I will not repeat them, you'll just have to take my word for it.)
So now I have Economics For Dummies and I finally understand why the government can't just print more money to stop the recession. I haven't finished it yet, but it's the first thing to actually explain the subject to me in a way that I can understand. I am a proud Dummy.

The book has made me very happy and I wanted to share that small experience with you. I have so much more to write, but it makes more sense to spread it out over a few days, otherwise my wrists will be in agony.

0 comments: