BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Apology for my lack of posting.

There is really no excuse, I should really update more often. And I will make it my new years resolution to do so, I promise.

I have a Tumblr account now, and post a lot of stuff there, so do come and pay me a visit!

It's been quite an eventful year in British politics. The Liberal Democrats got a taste of popularity, unfortunately is was short lived. Although I am not really fussed about the tuition fees being raised, Nick Clegg has made a fatal mistake that has probably cost him and his party any chances they had of ever getting into power.

Yet I still love their policies more than those of any other party. Unfortunately should I decide to vote for them in the next election there will be a massive stigma attached, as with the rest of them. If you vote Tory you're a milk snatcher, if you vote Labour you're a warmonger, and now if you vote Lib Dem you hate students. Still that's British politics for you. America, I have noticed, does not have that problem, at least not to the extent that we do here. When a Republican candidate runs for election, they are not automatically compared to Bush or Nixon because they happen to represent the same party. (At least that's the impression I get.) At least they judge each candidate individually. That's definitely one aspect of American politics that makes it favourable to British politics. So, yeah, gotta give 'em credit for that I suppose. ;)
Hope everyone has had a good Christmas, and have a great New Year! :)

0 comments: